The name WAFIOS originates from our founders Ernst Wagner, Hans Ficker, and Otto Schmid.
In 1893, Ernst Wagner started out with a small mechanical workshop in Pfullingen. In 1910, Hans Ficker joined the company as a commercial partner. In 1914, the competing companies Wagner & Ficker Maschinenfabrik and Otto Schmid from Stuttgart merged. This was the birth of the united machine factories for wire processing, Wagner & Ficker and Otto Schmid – or WAFIOS for short.